Secluded 3-bedroom bungalow sleeps 5 + 2 Central location Large enclosed garden Heated outdoor swimming pool Children and well behaved dogs welcome No smoking
Cranbourne is tucked in a peaceful corner of Manor Close with the excellent village shop nearby and central to Walberswick making all the attractions within easy walking. Modernised,the house is bright and comfortable with a large and enclosed garden of lawns, mature shrubs and paved dining area.
A heated outdoor swimming pool for summer use is protected by a lockable gate. Without detracting from the house in any way, Cranbourne unobtrusively includes features enabling less mobile visitors to equally enjoy their stay.
For instance, the house is level throughout other than cover strips at changes of floor finish and short ramps at all entrances. Also the driveway is level and easily takes two cars by the front door. The house is furnished comfortably to sleep five with 100% cotton bed linen on generous sized beds with deep pocket sprung mattresses and luxurious bathroom towels. A further two can sleep on the large sofa-bed in the living room. The living room is L-shaped with a dining table to easily sit eight. The house is well lit by generous windows and by dimmable down lighters and table lamps at night. Walls are decorated in light tones and hung with original paintings and prints, many of local interest. The house is well equipped and convenient with two bathrooms, kitchen and utility room together with central heating, constant hot water and free Wi-Fi internet access. TV in the living room receives Freeview and Freesat and connects by wifi to Internet services or plays Blu-ray, DVD discs and VHS tapes.
- OPEN PORCH by front door – great sun trap for a chair in the evening or good place to dry a brolly if you are that unlucky.
- HALLWAY with space for coats - also a barometer to see if they are needed. A bookcase with a choice of books, videos and games. The hall runs into a spine corridor for all three bedrooms, bathroom and utility room.
- LIVING ROOM - Good sized and well proportioned room with a large sliding patio window overlooking a lawn surrounded by shrubs and with a glimpse of the swimming pool beyond. A short ramp leads onto the lawn or to the patio with its dining table and chairs. Inside there’s comfy seating for six with TV and a card table for games. If you end up on the sofa-bed for the night, it is well placed for watching Freesat TV or DVDs but please bring bedding. Also at the end of the room is a handy desk for a laptop or writing. Round the corner but open to the sitting area is the dining area with a useful sideboard and an extending table to seat up to eight on upholstered chairs.
- KITCHEN - Modern, with good quality equipment including filtered drinking water, separate fitted fridge and freezer, an induction hob range cooker, microwave, toaster and dishwasher. There is plenty of cooking ware, crockery and cutlery to entertain up to eight.
- UTILITY ROOM with a sink, washing machine and airing cupboard. If you launder clothes, there is an ironing board but hopefully in summer the washing line just outside the back door will mainly be for swimwear. The back porch is a good place for wellies or drying off a dog. The water softener does a great job but needs occasional checking for salt.
- BATHROOM off the corridor is modern and bright and includes a heated towel rail, toilet, wash basin and large bath generously shaped also for showering with a thermostatically controlled shower.
- DOUBLE BEDROOM with ENSUITE WETROOM equally suitable for less mobile visitors - Spacious bedroom with a king-size bed and plenty of storage inside the fitted wardrobe and chest of drawers. Through a door but with no change of level, the wetroom has a drained mosaic tiled floor and powerful thermostatic shower. The toilet has a Japanese style electronic bidet seat with as many controls as a TV remote – amusing but practical. A usefully deep, wide shelf below a large window incorporates the wash basin.
- SINGLE BEDROOM Cosy with sufficient wardrobe and drawer space for one.
- TWIN BEDROOM A comfortable twin bedroom with two fitted wardrobes and a chest of drawers.
- GARDEN - Fully enclosed and entered by either of two garden gates from the driveway or from the house using the back door or patio window. Good sized, sun-lit lawns are surrounded by mature shrubs, hedges and trees.
- PATIO for outside dining with table and chairs.
- SWIMMING POOL available late May – August. 32x16ft heated outdoor pool fenced off from the garden and a digital padlock on the gate. Although sunny, the surrounding hedges and shrubs provide shelter.
- PARKING for two cars in driveway.
- LINEN included but not for sofa-bed and please bring your own swimming towels.
- HOUSE CLEANED and WELCOME PACK supplied ready for your arrival.
- Oil-FIRED CENTRAL HEATING.
- WI-FI with free internet access.
Contact David Falck:
Telephone: 07748 524 537
Sat Nav Reference:
|NB: DAY = This night is booked.
Availability updated: Tuesday 8th September 2020
|Sat, 27 Jun 2020||Sat, 18 Jul 2020||£1230||N/A|
|Sat, 18 Jul 2020||Sat, 29 Aug 2020||£1450||N/A|
|Sat, 29 Aug 2020||Sat, 05 Sep 2020||£1230||N/A|
|Sat, 05 Sep 2020||Sat, 19 Sep 2020||£990||£198|
|Sat, 19 Sep 2020||Sat, 24 Oct 2020||£850||£170|
|Sat, 24 Oct 2020||Sat, 31 Oct 2020||£990||£198|
|Sat, 31 Oct 2020||Sat, 19 Dec 2020||£460||£92|
|Sat, 19 Dec 2020||Sat, 02 Jan 2021||£1050||N/A|
- Sleeps (maximum): 7
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 4
- Off Street Parking
You can view a total of 10 images of Cranbourne, 16 Manor Close, Walberswick by tapping an above image and scrolling through the gallery.