A Self Catering period terraced holiday cottage for 4 plus 1.
A cosy, pantiled, 19th Century cottage with many period features and a range of interesting pictures hung on the walls. Lamorna has a large, secluded side garden and is located in the village of Reydon, on the edge of Southwold.
This is a small, simply furnished, end of terrace cottage in a quiet residential street. It is an ideal base for exploring the lovely Suffolk Heritage Coast, with Walberswick, Dunwich, Minsmere, Aldeburgh, and Snape Maltings within easy reach by car. There are quiet by-ways for cycling from the cottage door, and the sea is only 15 minutes walk away. Reydon has two excellent local shops (one nearby) and an attractive 14th Century parish church. An hourly bus service links Reydon with mainline trains at Halesworth.
Lamorna’s garden has roses, shrubs, a lawn, an old apple tree, and a traditional shed with space for cycle storage. It has a sunny aspect, ideal for meals outside, and provides a safe place for children to play. The accommodation is as follows:
- Tiled Porch with coat hooks, leads to the:
- Living Room with open fire, Laura Ashley sofa-bed, sofa, chair, side table with lamp, and antique corner cupboard. There are fitted shelves with books on subjects of local interest. Night storage heater. Radio.
- Separate Dining Room comfortably seats 4, with chairs for 6. Window overlooks garden. A built-in cupboard contains a variety of board games and puzzles. Door to cupboard under stairs containing items for beach use.
- Kitchen has plenty of storage space in fitted cupboards, electric cooker, microwave, toaster and fridge. Door to garden, by means of side porch.
- Utility Room with washing-machine, airer, garden chairs.
- Large downstairs bathroom. Bath with shower over, electric towel rail, washbasin with mirror over and WC. Wall heater.
- Central Hall Space with coat hooks and stairs up.
- Steep stairs lit by window on landing.
- Twin Bedroom at front of house with two chests of drawers, night storage heater and built-in cupboard. Victorian fireplace (not in use) with mirror over.
- Double Bedroom with window overlooking garden, double bed with fitted cupboards, two bedside tables with lamps. Night storage heater.
Access from this room by step down to:
- Small Dressing Room/Bedroom with single bed only suitable for a child. Includes chair and washbasin with mirrored cabinet over. Built-in cupboard with electric immersion heater. Bookcase.
- Unrestricted parking on opposite side of street.
- Coal for living room open fire is available from nearby shop.
- The cottage is a peaceful writer’s retreat, with no TV or landline telephone.
- Electricity is included.
- Please bring own linen including towels.
- Sorry, no pets.
- No Smoking.
Contact Mrs Jackie Fortey:
Sat Nav Reference:
|NB: DAY = This night is booked.
Availability updated: Friday 4th August 2017
|Sat, 29 Oct 2016||Sat, 17 Dec 2016||£395||N/A|
|Sat, 07 Jan 2017||Sat, 25 Mar 2017||£400||N/A|
|Sat, 25 Mar 2017||Sat, 15 Jul 2017||£500||N/A|
|Sat, 15 Jul 2017||Sat, 09 Sep 2017||£550||N/A|
|Sat, 09 Sep 2017||Sat, 28 Oct 2017||£500||N/A|
|Sat, 28 Oct 2017||Sat, 23 Dec 2017||£400||N/A|
- Sleeps (maximum): 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 4
- On Street Parking