Country Cottage for up to 12, situated a mile from Dunwich village. Terrific for wildlife and birds.
1 Little Dingle Cottages is a large country cottage formed by joining two labourers' cottages together and sleeps up to 12 people. It is situated between Dunwich Forest and Dingle Marshes. Apart from the adjacent cottage it is quite isolated, being a mile from Dunwich village.
Surrounded by open countryside and with several major nature reserves close by the wildlife and birds to be seen on or near the property is exceptional. There are walks from the cottage to Walberswick and the village of Dunwich as well as in the forest which adjoins the property. The marshes and reedbeds close to the property are home to a variety of birds, including bitterns.
The ground floor consists of:-
- Large, spacious open plan Lounge with open fire and large table for family meals. It also has a double sofa bed if required and a piano for musical evenings!
- A separate smaller, open plan Dining Area with table and chairs is between the lounge area and the kitchen and is suitable for more intimate meals.
- The Kitchen is connected to the Dining area. Fully-fitted and with electric hob, double-oven, microwave and dishwasher. A larder is accessed from the kitchen. A fridge and freezer are available in the adjacent room. The kitchen window overlooks part of the garden where woodpeckers can frequently be seen joining other birds at the bird table.
- The downstairs Shower room also contains a washing machine.
- Separate WC.
- There is also a small single bedoom on the ground floor.
On the first floor:
- Bedroom 1 Double with buit in wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Bedroom 2 Twin Singles with built in wardrobe and drawers.
- Bedroom 3 Double with a King size bed, built-in wardrobes, dressing table and wash basin. This room also contains a travel cot if required.
- Bedroom 4 Double with built in wardrobe A second staircase leads from this room to the lower floor and so the room is probably not suitable for small children.
- Family Bathroom with a bath, shower and wash basin.
- Separate WC.
- Sitting room with Roof Terrace containing television and video/DVD player. This room has large windows overlooking the garden and marshes. There is a double sofa bed here and so it can be used as an extra bedroom.
Outside there is a large enclosed garden in several sections with various seating areas. There is room for two cars to park in the drive and room for more cars in the lane.
- Sleeps 10-12 people.
- Friday to Friday lettings (unless agreed otherwise)
- Power and heating included.
- Linen included - except towels.
- Cot and highchair available (Please bring your own cot linen).
- No Smoking.
- Pets allowed subject to conditions.
- Parking for at least two cars.
Contact Jerry and Beatrice Reid:
Telephone: 01473 414 806
Sat Nav Reference:
|Fri, 04 Feb 2022||Thu, 31 Mar 2022||£800||Ask|
|Fri, 08 Apr 2022||Fri, 22 Apr 2022||N/A||N/A|
|Fri, 22 Apr 2022||Fri, 01 Jul 2022||£900||N/A|
|Fri, 01 Jul 2022||Fri, 09 Sep 2022||N/A||N/A|
|Fri, 09 Sep 2022||Fri, 16 Dec 2022||£900||Ask|
- Sleeps (maximum): 12
- Bedrooms: 6
- Beds: 7
- Private Parking
You can view a total of 8 images of 1 Little Dingle Cottages by tapping an above image and scrolling through the gallery.