Holly Tree Cottage is a four bedroomed (sleeps 5+1) self catering cottage in Wangford, about 3 miles from Southwold.
Holly Tree Cottage is a cheerful South–facing semi–detached early 19th Century cottage, well situated in the heart of the village of Wangford. The cottage is centrally heated throughout and sleeps five people with a "stackaway" bed available for a sixth guest. Families and children welcome.
The ground floor accommodation is level throughout and in addition features a downstairs bedroom and bathroom. As the cottage stairs are steep by modern standards, this means that Holly Tree Cottage offers flexible accommodation, the downstairs rooms being suitable for a young child or someone with limited mobility.
The established garden attracts local birdlife with room for both outdoor living and private parking. If necessary there is additional layby parking very close by, in Church Street.
Wangford's facilities are all within walking distance and include a general store with instore bakery (open 7 days a week), pub, Community Centre, farm shop and nursery only 150 yards from the cottage and selling locally grown produce. There are also regular bus services to the local area, including Southwold which is just three miles away. From Wangford you can explore the Suffolk Heritage Coast as well as Minsmere and its world renowned RSPB Reserve. Snape and Aldeburgh also lie to the south. Just to the north is Norfolk with historic Norwich and also the Norfolk Broads. Golf, horse riding, tennis and sailing are available locally in this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). The coast and countryside await!
Holly Tree Cottage is a very light and pleasant cottage and its welcoming, homely atmosphere is enhanced with numerous pictures throughout.
- The bright modern Kitchen is well equipped with fridge/freezer, microwave, electric cooker, extractor fan, toaster, washing machine and radio. Storage units and cupboards. Table and chairs with crockery and cutlery are also provided. Highchair available. Tiled floor.
- Door to carpetted Lounge/Sitting Room. Gas fire. Three piece suite, easy chair and beanbag. Digital TV, VCR and DVD players plus small library. Additional furniture includes coffee table, cabinet, standard lamp and bookcase with small library of books, tourist information and games. French doors to Patio and Garden.
- Door to carpetted rear lobby, off which are the downstairs Bedroom and Bathroom.
- Single Bedroom, carpetted, with wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside table with light and wall mirror.
- Bathroom with tiled floor and tiled bath area, WC, bath with side handles and shower over plus additional wall–mounted grab handle. Basin with mirror and shaver point.
- Steep cottage stairs lead up from the Lounge/Sitting Room to upstairs Bedrooms. Stairs and First floor are fully carpetted.
- First Single Bedroom has chest of drawers, chair, bedside table with lamp. Sash window with views across the garden to countryside beyond.
- Second Single Bedroom has chest of drawers, wardrobe, wall–mounted lamp and exposed ceiling joists. Sash window with views across the garden to countryside beyond.
- Double Bedroom with bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers and wardrobe. Curtained off area housing a single "stackaway" bed. Circular window with blind featuring scenic views across the suffolk countryside, in addition to a standard window.
- Holly Tree Cottage has a good sized lawned garden with flower borders and trees (including a Holly tree). The garden is south facing and includes a Patio with a PIR exterior light.
- Garden furniture includes tables and chairs with parasol.
- Portable BBQ.
- Swingball game.
- Portable ramp available for the step up to the entrance.
- Off–road parking, within the garden.
- Lockable garage if cyclists need to lock away bikes
Contact Harvey Rathbone:
Telephone: 01502 578 360
Sat Nav Reference:
Contact us directly via the Contact Us link or Provsisional Booking link from this page and place a booking with us to receive further discounts. Our prices here are cheaper than you'll find us with an Agent!
|NB: DAY = This night is booked.
Availability updated: Friday 29th March 2019
|Sat, 03 Nov 2018||Fri, 21 Dec 2018||£460||Ask|
|Sat, 22 Dec 2018||Fri, 04 Jan 2019||£695||Ask|
|Sat, 09 Feb 2019||Fri, 22 Feb 2019||£470||£350|
|Sat, 23 Feb 2019||Fri, 29 Mar 2019||£460||£340|
|Sat, 30 Mar 2019||Fri, 05 Apr 2019||£470||£350|
|Sat, 06 Apr 2019||Fri, 26 Apr 2019||£490||£360|
|Sat, 27 Apr 2019||Fri, 24 May 2019||£470||£350|
|Sat, 25 May 2019||Fri, 31 May 2019||£660||£490|
|Sat, 01 Jun 2019||Fri, 05 Jul 2019||£490||£360|
|Sat, 06 Jul 2019||Fri, 19 Jul 2019||£660||£490|
|Sat, 20 Jul 2019||Fri, 30 Aug 2019||£690||£520|
|Sat, 31 Aug 2019||Fri, 06 Sep 2019||£660||£490|
|Sat, 07 Sep 2019||Fri, 20 Sep 2019||£490||£360|
|Sat, 21 Sep 2019||Fri, 18 Oct 2019||£470||£350|
|Sat, 19 Oct 2019||Fri, 01 Nov 2019||£490||£360|
|Sat, 02 Nov 2019||Fri, 20 Dec 2019||£460||£340|
|Sat, 21 Dec 2019||Fri, 03 Jan 2020||£690||Ask|
- Sleeps (maximum): 6
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 4
- Off Street Parking
You can view a total of 12 images of Holly Tree Cottage by tapping an above image and scrolling through the gallery.