Blythweb - Local Interest Websites
Blythweb supports a wide range of local interest and community websites. Here we have an alphabetical listing of some of the more curious, unusual or specialist sites for you to explore.
- Blythweb Calendar – A guide to local events and activities in the Blyth Valley.
- George Borrow Trust – The Trust aims to advance public knowledge of the life and works of the 18th Century author, George Borrow. The website is dedicated to publishing material related to George Borrow.
- Halesworth Cycle Routes Situated in North-East Suffolk and surrounded by quiet country lanes and beautiful countryside, Halesworth is a great location for exploring this part of Suffolk by bike.
- Halesworth Millennium Green All about the largest Millennium Green in England, from a calendar of activities and events to local history, geology and the wildlife found on the Green.
- Southwold Model Yacht Regattas – A fascinating knowledge base for the time-honoured Southwold tradition of sailing model yachts.
- Southwold Railway Trust Committed to restoring the historic narrow gauge railway link between Halesworth and Southwold; preserving it for future generations to enjoy.
- St James Village Orchard – A meticulous detailing of a mixed orchard set and grown in the Suffolk village of St James.
- Wenhaston Archive – A rich collection of historic memories, details and documents of the village of Wenhaston and the surrounding Blyth Valley.
Some Favourite Websites For December 2023:
Waveney Wholesale – Suppliers of toys, novelties, giftware, china, housewares, pet items, beach goods and so much more
Established Halesworth-based suppliers with over 3000 lines stocked. On-line ordering or call and collect.
Juliet Penwarden Coaching – Juliet Penwarden Coaching - Horse riding and care
Juliet is an experienced and qualified coach who places a strong emphasis on harmony between horse and rider and takes great pleasure in helping partnerships progress, whatever their goals.
1 Little Dingle Cottages – Self-catering accommodation for up to twelve people
This country cottage stands between Dunwich Forest and Dingle Marshes. Apart from the adjacent cottage it is quite isolated, being a mile from Dunwich village. Surrounded by open countryside, marshes, reedbeds and forest. Several major nature reserves are close by, with wildlife and birds to be seen on or near the property. Walks from the cottage. Parking. Pets by arrangement.
Halesworth Millennium Green – The largest Millennium Green in England
Halesworth Millennium Green is a magical place to explore in all seasons and weathers. Come and find your favourite corner amongst the meadows, woodlands, rivers, ponds, heathland, orchard and along the historic route of the old railway and the even older navigation.
Lighthouse View – Superb Southwold self-catering cottage for four
Lighthouse View in Southwold is a comfortable and welcoming holiday cottage sleeping four in two bedrooms. This early-Victorian cottage is in the very heart of this attractive coastal town and the front door it is just yards from the promenade and sea.