Blythweb - Local Interest Websites
Blythweb supports a wide range of local interest and community websites. Here we have an alphabetical listing of some of the more curious, unusual or specialist sites for you to explore.
Also, don't forget to check out our Featured Reports which are a wide ranging selection of in-depth local interest stories and reference points.
- Blythweb Calendar – A guide to local events and activities in the Blyth Valley.
- Beccles Townlands Charity – Founded in 1544, Beccles Townlands Charity has been a continuous presence in the town since that date. It exists purely for the good of the people of Beccles.
- East Anglian Academy – The East Anglian Academy promotes concerts and workshops encouraging interest in organs and other keyboard instruments of historic and musical note.
- George Borrow Trust – The Trust aims to advance public knowledge of the life and works of the 18th Century author, George Borrow. The website is dedicated to publishing material related to George Borrow.
- Halesworth Cycle Routes Situated in North-East Suffolk and surrounded by quiet country lanes and beautiful countryside, Halesworth is a great location for exploring this part of Suffolk by bike.
- Halesworth Millennium Green All about the largest Millennium Green in England, from a calendar of activities and events to local history, geology and the wildlife found on the Green.
- Southwold Model Yacht Regattas – A fascinating knowledge base for the time-honoured Southwold tradition of sailing model yachts. Please note those wanting to turn up and hire a boat should arrive half an hour before the scheduled start of the regatta.
- Southwold Railway Trust Committed to restoring the historic narrow gauge railway link between Halesworth and Southwold; preserving it for future generations to enjoy.
- St James Village Orchard – A meticulous detailing of a mixed orchard set and grown in the Suffolk village of St James.
- Wenhaston Archive – A rich collection of historic memories, details and documents of the village of Wenhaston and the surrounding Blyth Valley.
Some Favourite Websites For February 2020:
Symon Clarke Composer – Acclaimed classic and ensemble music
Symon Clarke has composed acclaimed music for a wide range of classical ensembles and soloists and created a body of original music for Javanese and Balinese gamelan. His works have been played by well-known performers around the UK and abroad.
PJN Motor Engineering – A long-established garage you can trust, Wenhaston near Halesworth
Repairs, diagnostics, servicing, MOT preparation and submission, welding, valeting and much more. All work done using high quality oils, components and accessories. Member of the Good Garage Scheme.
Holly Cottage – Chalet bungalow in Southwold just two minutes from the beach. Option to also hire beach hut
Sleeping up to six and with an enclosed garden. WiFi. Close to beach and town. Available all year.
Woodside Barn – Skilful conversion of a Grade II listed timber-framed barn close to Aldeburgh, for up to Six
Children and well-behaved pets welcome. Downstairs bedroom with wet room. All bedrooms en-suite. WiFi. Outside space.
Hare Lodge Bed and Breakfast – An expansive but affordable pet friendly Bed and Breakfast
Offering four bed and breakfast rooms (two ground floor rooms with ensuite bathrooms, both with king size beds). Two rooms have the added luxury of their own lounge and kitchen with two bedrooms upstairs with views of the gardens. A fresh, delicious and locally sourced breakfast awaits you.