Blythweb - Local Interest Websites
Blythweb supports a wide range of local interest and community websites. Here we have an alphabetical listing of some of the more curious, unusual or specialist sites for you to explore.
- Blythweb Calendar – A guide to local events and activities in the Blyth Valley.
- Beccles Townlands Charity – Founded in 1544, Beccles Townlands Charity has been a continuous presence in the town since that date. It exists purely for the good of the people of Beccles.
- East Anglian Academy – The East Anglian Academy promotes concerts and workshops encouraging interest in organs and other keyboard instruments of historic and musical note.
- George Borrow Trust – The Trust aims to advance public knowledge of the life and works of the 18th Century author, George Borrow. The Lavengro Press is dedicated to publishing material related to George Borrow.
- Halesworth Cycle Routes Situated in North-East Suffolk and surrounded by quiet country lanes and beautiful countryside, Halesworth is a great location for exploring this part of Suffolk by bike.
- Halesworth Millennium Green All about the largest Millennium Green in England, from a calendar of activities and events to local history, geology and the wildlife found on the Green.
- Southwold Model Yacht Regattas – A fascinating knowledge base for the time-honoured Southwold tradition of sailing model yachts.
- Southwold Railway Trust Committed to restoring the historic narrow gauge railway link between Halesworth and Southwold; preserving it for future generations to enjoy.
- St James Village Orchard – A meticulous detailing of a mixed orchard set and grown in the Suffolk village of St James.
- Wenhaston Archive – A rich collection of historic memories, details and documents of the village of Wenhaston and the surrounding Blyth Valley.
Some Favourite Websites For March 2018:
Holly Tree Cottage – Self-catering for up to six in 4-bedroomed cottage in Wangford, three miles from Southwold
Holly Tree Cottage is a comfortable cottage, with central heating, garden and own parking. WiFi. Sleeps five in four bedrooms (one downstairs), sleeps six when using the additional stackaway bed. Downstairs bathroom. Open all year. Sorry no pets.
Strathmore – Self-catering for up to eight in ground floor apartment on Southwold sea front. WiFi.
Self-catering for up to eight in this three bedroomed spacious Victorian property on North Parade. Ground floor apartment. Handy for the beach, Southwold's pier and the town centre. Wonderful sea views from the lounge and front bedroom. WiFi.
Logs Logs Logs – Family Firm delivering kiln dried logs to Norfolk and Suffolk, including Norwich, Diss and Woodbridge
Logs available in tipper loads and bulk bags for wood burning stoves, open fires and pizza ovens. In addition supplying firewood in bulk bags to Essex, Cambridgeshire, London and beyond.
Larnaca Holiday Apartment, Cyprus – Sun, Sand and the Mediterranean!
Get away from it all and stay in this lovely one bedroomed apartment for two which features two large balconies offering views of the sea and distant mountains and only a short walk from central Larnaca, in the heart of the Mediterranean!
Hare Lodge Bed and Breakfast – An expansive but affordable pet friendly Bed and Breakfast
Offering four bed and breakfast rooms (two ground floor rooms with ensuite bathrooms, both with king size beds). Two rooms have the added luxury of their own lounge and kitchen with two bedrooms upstairs with views of the gardens. A fresh, delicious and locally sourced breakfast awaits you.