Blythweb - Local Interest Websites
Blythweb supports a wide range of local interest and community websites. Here we have an alphabetical listing of some of the more curious, unusual or specialist sites for you to explore.
- Blythweb Calendar – A guide to local events and activities in the Blyth Valley.
- Beccles Townlands Charity – Founded in 1544, Beccles Townlands Charity has been a continuous presence in the town since that date. It exists purely for the good of the people of Beccles.
- Dunwich Museum – Telling the amazing story of a city lost to the sea through the narrative of its collection and the knowledge of its welcoming staff.
- East Anglian Academy – The East Anglian Academy promotes concerts and workshops encouraging interest in organs and other keyboard instruments of historic and musical note.
- George Borrow Trust – The Trust aims to advance public knowledge of the life and works of the 18th Century author, George Borrow. The Lavengro Press is dedicated to publishing material related to George Borrow.
- Halesworth Cycle Routes Situated in North-East Suffolk and surrounded by quiet country lanes and beautiful countryside, Halesworth is a great location for exploring this part of Suffolk by bike.
- Halesworth Millennium Green All about the largest Millennium Green in England, from a calendar of activities and events to local history, geology and the wildlife found on the Green.
- Southwold Model Yacht Regattas – A fascinating knowledge base for the time-honoured Southwold tradition of sailing model yachts.
- Southwold Railway Trust Committed to restoring the historic narrow gauge railway link between Halesworth and Southwold; preserving it for future generations to enjoy.
- St James Village Orchard – A meticulous detailing of a mixed orchard set and grown in the Suffolk village of St James.
- Wenhaston Archive – A rich collection of historic memories, details and documents of the village of Wenhaston and the surrounding Blyth Valley.
Some Favourite Websites For February 2017:
Corner Cottage, Walberswick – Set in the heart of Walberswick offering family accommodation for five, plus one, plus travel cot
Just minutes from the harbour, dunes and seashore and just a few steps to Walberswick village green, this three-bedroomed holiday house has off-road parking and a mature garden. Easy stroll to village shops, pubs and common. WiFi. Pets not accepted.
Waveney Wholesale – Suppliers of toys, novelties, giftware, china, housewares, pet items, beach goods and so much more
Established Halesworth-based suppliers with over 3000 lines stocked. On-line ordering or call and collect.
Rookyard Cottage, Holton – Eco-friendly self-catering cottage near Halesworth with private heated indoor swimming pool available
Set in over two acres Valley Farm offers two self-catering cottages, Rookyard Cottage and Swallow Barn, both with eco-friendly features and each sleeping up to four people + cot. Rated AA 4 Stars. WiFi. Private heated indoor swimming pool available. Ten miles from seaside at Southwold. Pets not accepted.
David Elliott Stained Glass – Unique decorative stained glass, plus courses for all abilities held in a custom-equipped studio
David offers his wealth of experience to create unique stained glass commissions and items for your home. Stained glass courses offered, suitable for all abilities, from beginner to expert. Gift vouchers.
Crystal Clean – If you can walk on it or sit on it then we can Crystal Clean it! Plus a range of other services
Offering carpet, rug, upholstery and hard floor cleaning, end-of-tenancy cleaning and more. Fully trained and insured.