Blythweb - Local Interest Websites
Blythweb supports a wide range of local interest and community websites. Here we have an alphabetical listing of some of the more curious, unusual or specialist sites for you to explore.
- Blythweb Calendar – A guide to local events and activities in the Blyth Valley.
- Beccles Townlands Charity – Founded in 1544, Beccles Townlands Charity has been a continuous presence in the town since that date. It exists purely for the good of the people of Beccles.
- East Anglian Academy – The East Anglian Academy promotes concerts and workshops encouraging interest in organs and other keyboard instruments of historic and musical note.
- George Borrow Trust – The Trust aims to advance public knowledge of the life and works of the 18th Century author, George Borrow. The website is dedicated to publishing material related to George Borrow.
- Halesworth Cycle Routes Situated in North-East Suffolk and surrounded by quiet country lanes and beautiful countryside, Halesworth is a great location for exploring this part of Suffolk by bike.
- Halesworth Millennium Green All about the largest Millennium Green in England, from a calendar of activities and events to local history, geology and the wildlife found on the Green.
- Southwold Model Yacht Regattas – A fascinating knowledge base for the time-honoured Southwold tradition of sailing model yachts.
- Southwold Railway Trust Committed to restoring the historic narrow gauge railway link between Halesworth and Southwold; preserving it for future generations to enjoy.
- St James Village Orchard – A meticulous detailing of a mixed orchard set and grown in the Suffolk village of St James.
- Wenhaston Archive – A rich collection of historic memories, details and documents of the village of Wenhaston and the surrounding Blyth Valley.
Some Favourite Websites For February 2019:
Alan Ross Removals – Alan Ross Removals
A long-established Suffolk-based company with a wealth of experience and offering competitive pricing for removals, haulage and storage. Residential and commercial relocation services offered.
Andy Seedhouse Boats – Andy Seedhouse Boats, Woodbridge - Boat Sales
A friendly and professional family-run business with an old-fashioned approach to customer service, located on the picturesque waterfront at Woodbridge on the River Deben. From dinghies and day boats to fishing boats and yachts, and even including liveaboard boats too, Andy brings his many years of experience in helping his customers buy and sell. Also chandlery, trailers, etc.
Brook Farm Stables – Juliet Penwarden Coaching
Juliet is an experienced and qualified coach who places a strong emphasis on harmony between horse and rider and takes great pleasure in helping partnerships progress, whatever their goals.
Amber House – The home-from-home that will turn every one of your visits into a happy memory.
This spacious Victorian family house on the seafront has been completely refurbished, retaining the period style of the spacious, well-proportioned interior while placing the emphasis on up-to-date comforts.
Allens Butchers – Personal service and many years of experience are the hallmarks of this outstanding local butcher
There has been a butchers shop on this site for at least 200 years. Kevin Allen, who has owned and run the shop for over 20 years, is committed to selling the best quality local produce. For this reason he buys all his meat direct from local farms.