Blythweb - Local Interest Websites
Blythweb supports a wide range of local interest and community websites. Here we have an alphabetical listing of some of the more curious, unusual or specialist sites for you to explore.
- Blythweb Calendar – A guide to local events and activities in the Blyth Valley.
- Beccles Townlands Charity – Founded in 1544, Beccles Townlands Charity has been a continuous presence in the town since that date. It exists purely for the good of the people of Beccles.
- East Anglian Academy – The East Anglian Academy promotes concerts and workshops encouraging interest in organs and other keyboard instruments of historic and musical note.
- George Borrow Trust – The Trust aims to advance public knowledge of the life and works of the 18th Century author, George Borrow. The Lavengro Press is dedicated to publishing material related to George Borrow.
- Halesworth Cycle Routes Situated in North-East Suffolk and surrounded by quiet country lanes and beautiful countryside, Halesworth is a great location for exploring this part of Suffolk by bike.
- Halesworth Millennium Green All about the largest Millennium Green in England, from a calendar of activities and events to local history, geology and the wildlife found on the Green.
- Southwold Model Yacht Regattas – A fascinating knowledge base for the time-honoured Southwold tradition of sailing model yachts.
- Southwold Railway Trust Committed to restoring the historic narrow gauge railway link between Halesworth and Southwold; preserving it for future generations to enjoy.
- St James Village Orchard – A meticulous detailing of a mixed orchard set and grown in the Suffolk village of St James.
- Wenhaston Archive – A rich collection of historic memories, details and documents of the village of Wenhaston and the surrounding Blyth Valley.
Some Favourite Websites For December 2018:
Hetty’s Little Copy Shop – A wide range of printing services - including 3D - plus passport photos and more
The Little Copy Shop is in Thoroughfare, Halesworth, and offers all sorts of useful services involving printing, laminating, scanning, binding and copying plus various photographic services including passport photos.
Victoria Cottage – Centrally-located Southwold Cottage for Two, plus up to two dogs at no extra charge
Just minutes from Southwold's seafront, High Street, pubs and pier, this Victorian cottage has views of Southwold's iconic lighthouse from the upstairs day room and the charming rear courtyard. WiFi. Up to two well-behaved dogs welcome. Summer weeks and flexible breaks available.
Valley Farm – A large family farmhouse in Walberswick
A Grade II listed farmhouse for up to 11, plus 2 cots, with amazing views across the marshes to the sea.
Stoneware Birds – Life-sized handmade and unique British birds, now available to buy online.
A charming unique gift or a treat for oneself. See the website to know how each one is made. Now available to buy online. Each bird is an individual creation, varying in choice from the perky wren to the plump bullfinch together with other well-loved British birds. Which will you choose?
Singtong Neeyom Thai Restaurant – Delicious authentic Thai Cuisine
Take a look at Singtong Neeyom Thai Restaurant in the centre of Halesworth, for a range of delicious and skillfully prepared Thai dishes created by their own native Thai, Piek.